[mrtg] mrtg 2.9.8 and libpng error

Ian Stong IStong at zuniversity.com
Tue Feb 13 22:33:04 MET 2001

New install on Solaris 2.7.  I downloaded and installed zlib 1.0.3, libpng
1.0.8 jpeg-6b and gd 1.8.3.   I get the following error that looks to be
related to the libpng library.  Any ideas what might be going on (yes I used
to have 1.0.6 of libpng installed but deleted it and installed 1.0.8) then
compiled mrtg with the new libpng....

Separate question - I did not notice any references to installing jpeg-6b
but gd 1.8.3 requires it.....

gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Application must be recompiled; version 1.0.6
was incompatible
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router '1.2.3.4_1'
 Signal was 11, Returncode was 0

Thanks in advance