[mrtg] Re: Monitoring SQL

Adrian Mink Adrian.Mink at fidata.com
Wed Feb 14 16:46:58 MET 2001

Thank you very much, this will help.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Thierry Silly [mailto:thierry.silly at db.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 2:13 AM
To: Adrian.Mink at fidata.com
Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [mrtg] Re: Monitoring SQL

Hello,

     Please find below a script I use to send informations to mrtg. This
script make the sum of all the ports on my switch
and then try to make an estimation of my backplain traffic before 2 times (I
retrieve the values 2 times and then divide by the delta time).

You can call the perl script in mrtg the following way:

Target[xxxxx]: `perl c:\mrtg-2.9.4\yyyyy.pl`

The script is:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use SNMP_Session        "0.77";
use SNMP_util           "0.77";

     $commu="public";
     $host="ciscoswitch";

     @valin1  = &snmpwalk($commu."@".$host,'1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10');
    $t1= time();

     @valin2  = &snmpwalk($commu."@".$host,'1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10');

#here I do a snmpwalk, you can use snmpget with the same arguments

    $t2=time();

    $dt=$t2-$t1;

    if ($dt<=0)
    {
    print "0\n0\n";
    exit (0);
    }

    $taille= "". at valin1;

  for ($i=0; $i<$taille; ++$i)
  {
      push (@valiin1, split (/:/, $valin1[$i]));
      push (@valiin2, split (/:/, $valin2[$i]));
  }

     $taiille="". at valiin1;

   for ($ii=1; $ii<$taiille; $ii=$ii+2)
  {
      $resultin1=$resultin1+ $valiin1[$ii];
      $resultin2=$resultin2+ $valiin2[$ii];

  }

      $finalresultin=$resultin2-$resultin1;

      $finalresultin=($finalresultin*2)/$dt;

      @backplin=split (/\./, $finalresultin);
#needed to send integers (3.36 --> 3)

      print "$backplin[0]\n$backplin[0]\n";

#mrtg will take the "printed" values as they are returned and will put it in
the log.
#He will use the values the same way as if it gets them by itself.
#I send to mrtg both time the same date as I'm only monitoring in traffic.
#\n is very important as mrtg use chomp while receiving datas from this
script

exit (0);

I hope it's that you were looking for,
BRgds,