[mrtg] Using Logfiles for Customer Billing

Knill, David David.Knill at Netigy.com
Wed Feb 14 16:47:21 MET 2001

I am working at a medium sized ISP and have just installed MRTG and it's
working great. I am interested in using the logfiles to produce reports (for
customer billing) showing their average monthly usage based on the 95th
percentile of the 5 minute intervals for the entire month.

I have reviewed the logfile format page on www.mrtg.org. My question(s):

At what point does MRTG "rollup" the data in the logfiles from 5 minutes to
30 minutes? After a week? 30 Days? Is this configurable?

I'd really like to keep 5-minute polling data for customers for 3 months or
so.

Does anyone have any good scripts that would perform this kind of function
they would be willing to share?

David Knill
Senior Consultant -- CCIE #6105
Netigy Corporation