[mrtg] Re: transfering history

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Feb 16 20:50:25 MET 2001

Keith,

Just transfer the .log and .old files.  Everything else will be recreated on the fly.

Are you going from Unix -> Unix, NT -> NT or NT -> Unix?  Just wondering,c
 uz there are a bunch of different way to do that actual transfer of log
files.

Paul

>>> Keith Olmstead <kolmstea at centurytel.net> 02/16/01 02:19PM >>>

What is the best way to transfer the history from an old version of MRTG toa
  new version.  It is also located on a different machine.  I also noticedt
 hat they are not in .gif format but in .png, how would I convert that?
I am just looking for an easy way to transfer stats that have been runningf
 or years onto a new machine that has an updated version of MRTG.

Thanks,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network Engineer/Analyst