[mrtg] Re: help on setting 'snmpd.conf' for mrtg

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Feb 24 23:18:10 MET 2001

Fred,

What are you trying to monitor?  Are they *nix boxen or NT servers or other?
Where are you trying to configure your snmpd.conf?  Don't say on the
box where MRTG is, that box doesn't really care if snmp is running or
not ironically enough.  The boxen (targets) that you want to monitor are
where you need to make sure snmp is running...

Paul

>>> "Fred Kamwaza" <fred at sdnp.org.mw> 02/24/01 03:47PM >>>

Thanks Bill for promptly responding to my SOS.

No its not running.  It seems to die each time I restart it.  It this
something to do with the 'snmpd.conf'?

--
Fred Kamwaza
email: fred at sdnp.org.mw