[mrtg] OTP: Linux mount command

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Feb 27 17:17:10 MET 2001

Hi all,

I've been trying to get 2 systems working together for some time now, and Ia
 m really frustrated.  Both boxes are running RedHat Linux 6.2, but one is
lacking on disk space.  I was going to try to use Box A as my main MRTG
box, and Box B as a collector box.  The problem is that I wanted all the
information (configs, html, logs) stored on Box A, but I can't seem to figure
out how to get Box B to mount a file system for read/write mode from
Box A.  I can mount it read only no problem, but when I try to run mrtg
(stored locally on Box B), it is unable to write the lock files to the file system
on Box A.  I've poured over man pages and looked all over the net, but I
can't find out how to mount a file system in read/write mode.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
Paul