[mrtg] Interface reference

Martinez, Samson SMartinez at LocaleSystems.com
Wed Feb 28 16:42:34 MET 2001

This is all personal opinion, obviously, but I'd like to get an idea of what
one would consider to be the most "fool-proof" method of identifying
interfaces in MRTG, one that would require the least amount of config file
changes should an interface be added/removed from a router, etc. If I add an
additional Ethernet interface to a 7206, for example, will the existing
interface numbers be changed? I can imagine that removing one will require
changes but how about replacing a defective interface? Unfortunately, I do
not have spare devices I can toy around with so any and all info is
sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

Samson