[mrtg] Re: graphing non integer numbers...

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jan 3 17:42:25 MET 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Duane Cox wrote:

> I am getting a value returned that has several decimal places.  It looks
> like mrtg is rounding this to the closest
> integer.  Is there a way to have mrtg log then graph non integer numbers?

I believe that RRDTool can do this, an alternative is to scale the value
before it is graphed.  For example, say the value is seconds.  You can in
the target specification multiply by one million, and then show the graph
as microseconds, or by 1000 for milliseconds, etc.

Target[whatever-microseconds]: 1.2.3.4.5&1.2.3.4.6:public at foo * 1000000
<each>legend[whatever-microseconds]: Microseconds

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323