[mrtg] More than one mrtg machine?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Jan 3 17:03:52 MET 2001

Fellow mrtg users,

Does anyone out there in data land have more than one mrtg machine in their
enterprise?  I have a need to monitor about twice the number of devices I am
currently mornitoring, which will push the total devices I monitor to well over
4,000.  With more than one target per device, I would bet I'm hitting more than
8000 targets per 5 minute round.  Is there a way to integrate more than one mrtg
machine into the mix, other than having one do just data collection and graphing,
while the main one does the collecting, graphing, and web serving?

Thanks,
Paul