[mrtg] Re: More than one mrtg machine?

Timothy Finkenstadt timothy at aloha.webkahuna.com
Wed Jan 3 20:00:09 MET 2001

> Does anyone out there in data land have more than one mrtg machine in
> their enterprise?  I have a need to monitor about twice the number of
> devices I am currently mornitoring, which will push the total devices I
> monitor to well over 4,000.  With more than one target per device, I
> would bet I'm hitting more than 8000 targets per 5 minute round.  Is
> there a way to integrate more than one mrtg machine into the mix, other
> than having one do just data collection and graphing, while the main one
> does the collecting, graphing, and web serving?

Greetings, Paul,

I have multiple linux boxes doing this now.  I have 2 p5-150s running
linux.  One does some data collection and graphing in addition to being the
webserver.  The other does strictly data collection and graphing.  (I am
in the middle of converting all of them to mrtg+rrdtool+14all.cgi).

I have NFS running between them and pushing all the data to one drive with
the other backing up that data to its drive.

regards,

tim