[mrtg] Polling Interval Time

Ruiz, Gabriel [NCSLA] Non J&J GRuiz at JJCUS.JNJ.com
Thu Jan 4 15:33:42 MET 2001

Dear MRTG Fellows:

By default MRTG takes samples (on the daily graphics) on a 5 minute average.
Is it possible to change that setting to another value like 30 or 60 Sec?.
Some routers (like the Cisco's) calculate the bandwidth on a five minute
basis, but that can be modified with the "load-interval" command. If I
change the time settings in the cronttab/scheduler for the polling time I ,
will it resolve my problems? or there are still some things I have to modify
in the configuration, so this can work.

Thanks

Gabriel