[mrtg] SNMP alerts with mrtg

Stojan Rancic stojan at k2.net
Fri Jan 5 09:42:46 MET 2001

Hello

I would like to be promptly notified if some resource gets too low/ too
high (hdd/cpu..) I've been looking trough snmpd.conf and noticed this
could be done via snmp traps.. I have also seen some SNMP monitoring
products around but as I'm already using MRTG to do all of my SNMP
polling, I'm wandering if there's a way to tell mrtg to act on certain
values going out of ranges.. One way would probably be to use external
scripts instead of MIB's and do the checking there but it's kinda
awkward so I'd like to know if anyone has a better solution.

  Stojan Rancic            // Knowledge is power !
  K2.Net                       // Use it, don't abuse it !
  http://www.k2.net      //