[mrtg] changing class C block to AT&T

Bill Parker dogbert at mail.netnevada.net
Fri Jan 5 23:05:07 MET 2001

Hi All,

	We are in the process of changing our IP address block from
UUnet to AT&T since we are upgrading to a DS-3 circuit.  However,
on one of the machines which has already been changed over to
a AT&T IP address, and with snmp service running (it's a NT Server),
when I try to query the machine, I get no response received (here is
the output)...

./cfgmaker dbsinfo at xx.xxx.xx.80 > island.cfg
SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xx.xxx.xx.80" [xx.xxx.xx.80].161
                  community: "dbsinfo"
                 request ID: 1798651873
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
SNMPGET Problem for sysDescr sysContact sysName sysLocation ifNumber
sysObjectID on dbsinfo at xx.xxx.xx.80
SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "xx.xxx.xx.80" [xx.xxx.xx.80].161
                  community: "dbsinfo"
                 request ID: 934478927
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)

What could have happened, all other machines on our old class C are
still graphing network traffic?

-Bill