[mrtg] Graphing a time warp

Kirk Mitchell mitch at keyconn.net
Sat Jan 6 06:08:49 MET 2001

  Had a goofy thing happen with one of my servers today. For some reason
it's time synch program jumped the time/date to Jan 29th. Problem is, it's
the server(NT4) MRTG(2.8.6) is running on and I didn't catch it for about
45 minutes. MRTG extrapolated the last good data through 23 days. When I
realized it, I deleted all of the duplicated entries in each graphs' .log
file. MRTG is now back to displaying the current times, but has still been
stuck displaying that last good data read from before the warp.
  Is it possible to salvage things back to normal readings without dumping
all the log files and restarting MRTG from scratch?

Thanks,

Kirk Mitchell-General Manager    mitch at keyconn.net
Keystone Connect                 Unlock Your World
Altoona, PA  814-941-5000        http://www.keyconn.net