[mrtg] Re: Configure Multiple Target in Single Interface

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jan 9 09:54:10 MET 2001

In article <3A5AAA0A.2BD1C77F at pcraft.com>,
	ashley at pcraft.com ("Ashley M. Kirchner") writes:

>>      I would like to monitor incoming packets , outgoing packets, CRC
>> error & collisons for a single interface in one graph . Does MRTG  can
>> do that ? Please advise ...
>
>     You'll have to switch to RRDTOOL for that.

This answer might be a bit short.

1. Can MRTG query more than two values? - Yes.
2. Can MRTG log/graph more than two values? - No.
   (MRTG can add/multiply several values into one and log/graph this one
    but it cannot query/log/graph 4 values in one graph)
3. Can rrdtool log/graph more than two values? Yes.
4. Can rrdtool query via SNMP? - No.

rrdtool is not a replacement for MRTG, it's an addition. There are
several other free network statistic packages, some of them are listed
on the rrdtool web page as 'frontends'. Please look at

   http://www.rrdtool.org/frontends

Rainer