[mrtg] Re: Help With cammer.

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at yellowbrix.com
Wed Jan 10 10:35:22 MET 2001

It's actually pretty straight forward.  The second argument to cammer.pl
is not an email address, and you can't use HTML.  It is simply, like the
Usage: says, community at router.

If your community is public, and your switch is 10.0.0.2, and your router
is 10.0.0.1, the cammer command you would run is:
perl cammer.pl public at 10.0.0.2 public at 10.0.0.1

Cammer.pl takes a list of mac addresses assowciated with switch ports, and
compares those mac addresses to ip addresses is your router's cache and
matches a list of switch port to ip address relationships.

-Tim

On Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 10:25:39PM -0800, HASSARAJANI, Chetan wrote:

> Hi,
> I need some help with cammer.
> I have downloaded the script file. I use Winnt Sp6a.
> The command perl cammer public at xx.xx.xx.xx <mailto:public at xx.xx.xx.xx>
> doesn't work. It gives me
> ----------------------
>
>  F:\mrtg-2.9.7\bin>perl cammer  <mailto:public at 10.206.10.10>
> public at 10.206.10.10
> Usage:
>     cammer [--help|--man] community at switch community at router
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Chetan
>

> --