[mrtg] Re: flat lines: constantly monitoring a machine that goes down every night

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Jan 10 21:30:58 MET 2001

Leigh,

I think there is an option unkaszero somewheres in the documentation.  That
will make your lines go to zero when unknown...not sure what would happen
in the event that it wasn't able to monitor the line...

Paul

>>> Leigh Orf <orf at mailbag.com> 01/10/01 03:08PM >>>

I'm monitoring network traffic on my home Linux box which is shut down
every night. Mrtg is running on a machine that is always up and is
getting data via smtpd. When I power up my home machine in the morning,
mrtg will fill in the missing time with the values it last read before
the machine went down, and I get flat lines. Is there a way for mrtg to
be told to fill in zeroes instead of the last value? I can hack the .log
file by hand and get the desired result but would prefer mrtg do this
for me.

Leigh Orf