[mrtg] Re: bad performance: MRTG 2.9.4 / RRDs / rrdtool 1.0.28

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Thu Jan 11 10:07:37 MET 2001

Patrick Bartkus wrote:
> <G> Don't you hate it when the network is always blamed as the bottleneck by
> the server guys? Just throw bandwidth at the problem, that should fix
> everything. </G>

:) Of course the easyest solution to any problem is to blame it on
someone else.

Anyway I've got a dedicated 100Mbps coming up soon, and this should
speed things up considerably. Maybe decreasing the block size of the
NFS-mount to 1k would also help.

The reason that I want this on NFS is that it makes it *very* easy
to add new collectors, display boxes etc.

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway