[mrtg] Generate html but not graphs?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Jan 12 22:33:16 MET 2001

Howdy all,

I'm trying to decide if I can switch over to MRTG/RRDTool/14all, but I have
one small problem.  I'm running reports on an hourly/nightly basis that look at
the html info for utilization stats.  Works great with the default MRTG installation,
the one that uses rateup and automagically creates all html and graphs every
time it runs.  I'd like to use RRDTool, but I realized that some of the speed gain
is due to not generating the html and graphs until they are needed (ie "clicked
on").  The problem I have is the automatic reports.  They depend on the
"currentness" html files to be accurate.  Is there anyone that can think of a way
to automatically generate the html pages every time mrtg runs (every 5 minutes
for me), but I can wait until someone actually requests (clicks on) a link to
generate the graph.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Paul