[mrtg] Re: MRTG Color Assignments

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at yellowbrix.com
Sun Jan 14 22:07:30 MET 2001

IF you use a traditional MRTG, that is, you use rateup to build
your graphs, you can make a few modifications to rateup.c that will
propagate your changes.

You'll need to know the RGB color codes of the colors you want to use.

There's a section that looks like:

/* These are the colors used for the variouse parts of the graph */
/* the format is Red,Green,Blue */
#define c_blank 245,245,245
#define c_light 194,194,194
#define c_dark 100,100,100
#define c_major 255,0,0
#define c_in    0,235,12
#define c_out   0,94,255
#define c_grid  0,0,0
#define c_inm   0,166,33
#define c_outm  255,0,255
#define c_outp  239,159,79

Changing the value of c_major, will change the value of the red
24 hour marks and the red line drawn at the MAX val, if it's within
the graph.

Changing c_blank will affect the color of the background of the image,
unless you're building transparent images.

This is from an older version of rateup, but the theory should be the same.
If you use 14all.cgi, I would imagine that you'll find similar methods within
14all.cgi.

-Tim

--
Timothy Kennedy