[mrtg] Cisco switch indexmaker and cfgmaker

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Mon Jan 15 16:42:39 MET 2001

Hi All,

ftp://vegan.net/pub/mrtg/

I've put the scripts I found (somewhere, I can't remember) on the
vegan.net FTP site that will make MRTG config files and index files that
include the portname given to a Cisco switch.  They are based on older
versions of MRTG, so their syntax is a bit different than the cfgmaker and
indexmakers out today.

They should still produce working MRTG files, however.

I've tested these scripts on, but not limited to, the following:

Catalyst 5500 series
Catalyst 6500 series
Cisco 2924
Cisco 2948(G)

It should work on any Cisco switch where you can name a port.

It looks like the script was modifed by a gentleman by the nam of Scot
Colburn, although there is no email address.  If you are on this list
Scot, thanks!  This is a great script.

Anyone want to take a stab at updating the new version of cfgmaker to do
Cisco switches?  My perl skills are not up to snuff for the task.

Also, as always MRTG and load balancer configs can be found at
http://vegan.net/MRTG.

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net