[mrtg] Starting out with parsing initial cfg under NT

kmurray4 at csc.com.au kmurray4 at csc.com.au
Wed Jan 17 05:59:22 MET 2001

Greets,

I have just downloaded and installed mrtg 2.97 & active perl 5.6.0, running
on NT4 SP5 (for various reasons)

I expect this is something small, but I am following the standard doco
"Win32 MRTG Installation Guide"  but I am drawing blanks when reaching the
stage of feeding the initial, simple mrtg.cfg file to the mrtg perl script.

after running:

     perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

I am consistenty getting

     ERROR: CFG Error Unknown Option "c" on line 0 or above.
             Check doc/reference.txt for Help

Line 0 of course doesn't mean much to me. And of course there's quite a few
'c's throughout the cfg.

Is there any significance of the number consequently generatied and
outputted to "mrtg.cfg_l"?

thanks,

Kym Murray
Network Support Engineer - WA Police Service
CSC
Level 16 / 140 St. Georges Tce, Perth 6000
Ph: +61-8-9327 8459    Mobile: 0409 523 092    Email:
kym.murray at police.wa.gov.au