[mrtg] Re: glib.so.0

Giga Systems gsi at gigasystems.net
Mon Jan 22 17:22:23 MET 2001

When I installed mrtg I first tried to install from the rpm.  That failed
so I tried to compile it.  that failed with the same error your getting.  I
finally had to reinstall from the source every package that it said was
missing.  I don't remimber each on specificaly but when it fails it tells
you what it wants.

This started a chain of failures on dependencies.  I think I had to install
three or four modules before things finally started to work.  All the
modules I had to install had previously been installed as rpm's.

Hope this helps.

Pat Brown

At 05:21 PM 1/19/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello--
>
>My name is Christopher Wess and I have been trying to install mrtg.  I am
>a bit
>confused, perhaps you can shed some light on the subject.
>
>First, what I am working with.
>
>Redhat 6.1, I have zlib and libpng already installed.  I have the libgd source
>and already issued the "make" command.  Now when I try to rpm the mrtg package
>it says it is missing a dependence libgd.so.0
>
>Like you I do a search on the machine I have every single libgd file but
>the .0
>
>My question is, is all the libgd sources im compiling even have the libgd.so.0
>file in there, or have there been later revisions.  Alot of reading I have
>done
>says "new file will work yes bla bla bla, " yes it may work, but even when I
>force rpm the package and try to execute the mrtg mrtg.cfg line I get the
>error
>
>[root at roselaptop bin]# mrtg mrtg.cfg.cjw
>/usr/bin//rateup: error in loading shared libraries: libgd.so.0: cannot
>open shared object file: No such
>file or directory
>
>PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
>  with Exit Value 127 when doing router '192.168.32.254.1'
>  code was 32512, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
>  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
>

>I am somewhat new to linux, but know my way around.  I saw your message post's
>and I kinda related.  I am out of ideas.  Any help?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Chris

Giga Systems, Inc. is dedicated to providing the finest internet services
and equipment.  We look forward to hearing from you, call us at (817)
577-5476 or visit our web site at http://gigasystems.net.