[mrtg] Installing rrdtool with mrtg (beginner)

STAFFELBACH GILBERT gstaffe at free.fr
Tue Jan 23 16:38:00 MET 2001

Hi every one,

I'm installing (learning to install ) rrdtool with mrtg and i have a little
problem, i had modified the cfg file PathAdd and LibAdd etc... but when i start
the mrtg  i have an error that tell me this:

I do c:\mrtg-2.9.7\bin\perl mrtg mrtg.cfg
And i find in the mrtg error log file:

Starting c:\rddtool28\rddtool.exe restore : Bad file descriptor at c:/mrtg-
2.9.7/bin\..\lib\mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 1396.

I search the howto and in the install guides but i don't find anything like
that.

If someone knows the solution or any source of information to look and i'll
really apreciate it.

Regards.

Gilbert Staffelbach