[mrtg] Re: Error configuring MRTG in UNIX

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Wed Jan 31 02:03:47 MET 2001

Could be something as simple as not including the final :
such as target[130.14.60.180]: <---Not the final :

There is definately a syntax error there.  Copy the cfg's line from your
NT configuration if it works there, it will work on a UNIX platform.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Ivette Reategui wrote:

> I installed MRTG on a Windows NT server without a problem.
>
> Then, I installed MRTG on another server on a UNIX platform.
> Cfgmaker works well.  It created the configuration file, but when I run the mrtg.cfg file, the system gives me the following  warning:
>
>           WARNING: I can't find a "target[130.14.60.180]" definition           ERROR: Please fix the error(s) in your config file
>
> I have read all the documentation and I have not seen any option to define the target????
> Could anyone give me an idea of how to fix this problem.
> I'll appreciate any help.  Thanks.
>
> - Ivette

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy at chartermi.net