[mrtg] Re: Frame Relay

Keith McCallion keith at mccallion.com
Wed Jan 31 03:29:24 MET 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Timothy Finkenstadt wrote:

> I just use mrtg's included "cfgmaker" script to analyze my sub-interfaces
> on all of my cisco router interfaces.  I also use the --ifref=ip option
> so that I don't have to worry about the changing interface references
> when a large router reboots.

I had problems with this, as we have some interfaces that are unnumbered.
Instead, what I do, is use the default ifIndex, with the following in my
Cisco configuration files:

snmp-server ifindex persist

It keeps ifIndex's the same across reboots. I usually reboot after that
option has been set, and then pull a configuration file, knowing that the
ifIndex's I now get will not change.

--
Keith McCallion
keith at mccallion.com