[mrtg] Re: Graphing abnormalities

Brian E. Seppanen seppy at chartermi.net
Wed Jan 31 16:55:35 MET 2001

I had the same issue.  It usually comes about because you're maxbytes are
set too low.  We had a couple of DS3's doing that.  Well unbeknownst to me
they went from fractional 9MB to 25MB in both cases.  Look at your max
bytes.  Do an snmpwalk and make sure your getting values back.  If you
run with rrdtool dump the database an poke through it and find out the
last values.  Remove unknaszero, if you use that as an option and see what
you get.  Hope that helps.  Not sure why just outbound would exhibit the
behavior, in our case it was just inbound traffic.  But your situation may
just be a reverse of ours.

Hope that helps.

> > I have found a recent pattern in my graphs that I wanted to ask about and
> > see if anyone else has encountered/fixed.

Brian Seppanen
Charter Communications
Regional Data Center				906-228-4226 ext 23
Marquette, MI					seppy at chartermi.net