[mrtg] CPU USAGE TOO HIGH

Wale Okuyelu wale.okuyelu at insnet.net
Tue Jan 30 14:26:25 MET 2001

I'm setting a bandwith monitoring system for our customer's using mrtg.We
have about 99 routers  and 1500 customers.
My problem is that mrtg is using up a lot of memory anytime it's goes across
the network and this is slowing down the machine(a sun netra T1), as result
the snmp query is never finished in the 5 mins interval.(ALL MRTG PROCESSES
RUN IN PARALLEL to each other)
Is it possible for mrtg to go across the network,get all the queries for ALL
the interfaces on a router at the once instead of having to go across the
network for every interface(targets) on a router.This will free up a lot of
memory which is being used up when it goes across the network.

Thanks

waleo
unix system administrator