[mrtg] kMG option clarification needed...

Alexander Fichman alexf at ipexsoft.co.il
Mon Jul 2 14:13:51 MEST 2001

I am trying to monitor my Exchange Server's In/Out traffic counters. The
OIDs are:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.3.18 (imsTotalInboundKilobytes)
.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.3.19 (imsTotalOutboundKilobytes)

As implied by name, the values read are in KByte. I got everything set up
allright and I get the values read...
Only MRTG assumes it reads bytes by default... I know it can be changed by
using the kMG[ezwf] directive, and I read both official/unofficial faq and
docs. Either I am terribly stupid or the explanations are somewhat cryptic;
either way, I can't seem to grasp the correct syntax; every example given
puts multiple prefixes on the line.

I want MRTG to assume it gets KB. Can someone explain it to me, please?

Thanks!
alexf