[mrtg] Re: mrtg performance (again)..

Perry, Duane PerryD at missouri.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:30:26 MEST 2001

I have a fairly powerful machine (Dell Poweredge with dual processors) that
I use to poll about 1700 targets .  It is loaded pretty heavily and was
responding slowly so I tried the Forks option.  I set it to Forks: 4  and it
really seemd to help.  I am surprised though that you are having trouble
with only 20 targets.  I have a Pentium 233 that is my test machine and it
was used to poll probably 200 targets with no problem.  I have it running
rrd right now and it will do hundreds there with no problem except when you
try to view the graphs.  Running 14all.cgi is very slow on this machine, I
hope it is better when I go production with rrd on a faster machine.

Duane Perry