[mrtg] Re: FW: Interpreting MRTG

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jul 6 16:30:03 MEST 2001

Matt,

Your site should have percent.  It's on every graph created, unless you specify nopercent.  As for NT, what do you want to do?  Do you want cpu info, network card info, disk utilization, or stuff like DHCP requests and some of the more in-depth information?  Think about what you want, and maybe you'll get an idea for how to approach it.  As for the sites linked off mrtg, most of them were doing NT4 monitoring long before 2000 came out...
The two I can think of that have fairly good information are Garth's snmp4tpc site and the snmpboy site.  snmpby used to have NT4, but recently switched to 2000...or just go to google.com and look for "nt and mrtg"...tons of information out there not linked off mrtg.org.

Paul

>>> "Gerlak, Matthew" <GerlakM at diebold.com> 07/06/01 10:07AM >>>

Paul,

Thanks for the info. Do you by any chance know of a example I can look at for the Percent of B/W. and as for the NT Server. There are so many ways people have reference and docs on monitoring them. I am not sure which one works the best they all seem to say the same thing Works good on 2000 not yet there on NT40 . If you know of any updated reading material on NT Server 4.0 Monitoring let me know. I have already looked at most of the referencing sites on mrtg's main page for NT Servers.

Thanks

Matt