[mrtg] problem's moving to another server

Steve Lee maillist at blitzen.net
Fri Jul 6 22:05:36 MEST 2001

I'm new to mrtg, but my current job has been
using this for years.  We are in the process of
moving mrtg off of our main NFS server that
mrtg runs on and onto a separate machine.
I have copied the directory that contains all the necessary
file over.  Setup cron for mrtg to run every 5 minutes.
However, when the cron runs the first time in the
new machine, the graphs all flatlines? ( i loose all the
data from the last 2 years.  I have no idea how to do this to
make the new machine append data to the old data.

Please any advise would help.