[mrtg] Re: Compaq memory utilization

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:38:50 MEST 2001

"Art News" wrote:
>Except I was not able to get value from the following:
>
>.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.13.4.0 (% Memory utilization)
>
>My getif stops at .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2. and I do not have .13
>
>I have already installed all the available .mib files from Compaq insight
>manager to my mib directory of getif and my server have the compaq agents
>installed also.

Compaq has made many changes to Compaq Insight Manager over its life time.
On our servers, I have seen at least 3 very different versions of CIM.

Each release added some OIDs and sometimes took away OIDs. Your milage may
vary by doing a snmpwalk/GetIF walk of your release of CIM agent. Compaq has
not been consistent as to which of their OIDs were supported and which were
not on a release-by-release basis.

I would suggest downloading the latest Compaq Insight Manager and load it.

HTH,
Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, SCP, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Washington Mutual Home Loans, Inc (Formerly Fleet Mortgage)Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?