[mrtg] Re: Newbie

Matt Walkowiak mwalkowi at intxx.com
Fri Jul 13 21:52:02 MEST 2001

OID or not OID, that is the question...
The best way is to use a program that can browse the mib table (???) of the
device you want to monitor using SNMP.  I use getif (NT)- do a search on
Google... or I have seen a program for *nix called SNMPWalk I think - but I
have not used that one.

And last but not least, I would be neglecting my responsibility as a
faithful MRTG list reader/replier if I were to omit the most often used
phrase on this list...  Here goes.... wait for it... wait for it.....

RTFM

ahh, wasn't that fun :)

oh, and also search thru the list of sites on the companion link off of the
mrtg home page.  Good info there for RTFM'ing.

Matt