[mrtg] Re: installing on SPARCstation 5?

Justin Shore listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Mon Jul 16 18:21:42 MEST 2001

At 10:55 AM -0500 7/16/01, David Sulkin wrote:
>What type of affect does running MRTG have on a network?  Are there any
>performance issues that I would need to be concerned of?  Also, is there
>anywhere where I can find this out?
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>dave sulkin

Nominal at best.  Here's a graph of one of my MRTG hosts that gathers
stats from around 150 nodes, serves out the stats, handles all my
email (including this message and POP), and some more.

http://neo.pittstate.edu/stats/neo/neo-eth1-io.shtml

I/O is nominal.  The constant overhead you see in my graphs is
bandwidth wasted by broadcasts on our network.

HTH
  Justin

Justin Shore                    Pittsburg State University
Systems Manager                 Kelce 157Q
Office of Information Systems   Pittsburg, KS 66762
Voice: (316) 235-4606           Fax: (316) 235-4545
http://www.pittstate.edu/ois/

Warning:  This message has been quadruple Rot13'ed for your protection.