[mrtg] Re: multiple targets in a single configuration file...

Rippe, Mark (CCI-Warwick) Mark.Rippe at cox.com
Tue Jul 17 14:38:09 MEST 2001

yes.
attached is a snippet of a cisco cpu.cfg that i use....
i just copy and paste as many times as i need targets.
edit the entrys for $CFGNAME, LOCATION, COMMUNITY and IPADDRESS
i use this for targets all over the state of rhode island.

---- snip ----

# This Report File Template measures CPU usage on Cisco Routers

Target[$CFGNAME]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0:$COMMUNITY@$IPADDRESS
WithPeak[$CFGNAME]: wmy
YLegend[$CFGNAME]: CPU Utilization
ShortLegend[$CFGNAME]: %
MaxBytes[$CFGNAME]: 100
Options[$CFGNAME]: nopercent, gauge
Unscaled[$CFGNAME]: dwmy
AbsMax[$CFGNAME]: 100
Title[$CFGNAME]: Cisco Router at $LOCATION "CPU"
Colours[$CFGNAME]: GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#1000ff,BLUE#1000ff,VIOLET#ff00ff
Legend1[$CFGNAME]: Average 1 minute CPU Utilization
Legend2[$CFGNAME]:
Legend3[$CFGNAME]: Average 5 minute CPU Utilization
Legend4[$CFGNAME]:
LegendI[$CFGNAME]:  CPU:
LegendO[$CFGNAME]:
PageTop[$CFGNAME]: <H1> CPU Utilization
 <BR></H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System: "CPU" Cisco</TD><TD>Router at $LOCATION</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer: $MAINTAINER</TD><TD>$INFO</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>

# The following information allows you to perform some task(s)
# whenever a minimum of maximum threshold has been breached
# In order to activate this features, simply remove the # from the
# lines below.

# ThreshMinI[$CFGNAME]: $THRESHOLDMIN
# ThreshMaxI[$CFGNAME]: $THRESHOLDMAX
# ThreshProgI[$CFGNAME]: BATCHLOCthreshold_in.bat
# ThreshProgOKI[$CFGNAME]: BATCHLOCthreshold_oki.bat

# ThreshMinO[$CFGNAME]: $THRESHOLDMIN
# ThreshMaxO[$CFGNAME]: $THRESHOLDMAX
# ThreshProgO[$CFGNAME]: BATCHLOCthreshold_out.bat
# ThreshProgOKO[$CFGNAME]: BATCHLOCthreshold_oko.bat

mark.rippe at cox.com

"The ships hung in the sky
in much the same way
that bricks don't."