[mrtg] Re: Excluding IP's for monitoring

Matt Walkowiak mwalkowi at intxx.com
Tue Jul 17 15:58:24 MEST 2001

I don't think you can easily - the 3com switch is a Layer 2 switch (right?)
which has no clue about IP, which is layer 3.  Mrtg graphs numbers that it
gets - it doesn't know WHAT the numbers mean or where they came from.  So
you'd have to get the switch to ignore the numbers coming from that IP when
it creates the numbers to give to MRTG over SNMP, and unless the switch can
do it, no go.  That make sense?

Matt