[mrtg] Re: Speeding up 14all.cgi

Christopher Poetzel cpoetzel at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Thu Jul 19 20:54:16 MEST 2001

I switched to SpeedyCGI for the 14all.cgi script and it does
seem to speed the pages up a bit.  Thanks for the tip, but a side effect
of this is that when it runs i see 2 processes called   speedy_backend
appear in my proc list and they are gobbling up my cpu pretty bad.  For large pages
it might go to 90%.  Any thoughts?

Also, On the 14all.cgi homepage it says,

If the CGI can write into the directories where the rrd-files are (e.g. if
it is installed setuid [not root!]) it will put the graphics into this
directory.

Version 1.0 only: If the CGI can write into the directory where the config
file is it will create a "config cache" so it doesn't have to read and
parse the config file each time it's called. This should make it run
faster with big config files.

Should this produce files with the .conf extension, i.e. how are we
supposed to know if it is creating the "config cache"?

thanks for the help,

chris poetzel
cpoetzel at anl.gov
argonne national lab