[mrtg] Re: Fw: Re: OID'S CISCO ROUTER 3640

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Fri Jul 20 23:58:24 MEST 2001

> Thank you very much for the info, I have the cpu and memory up and
>running Just have a bit problem with the bandwith matter, I need to
>know the index for my serial interface which does not appears on your
>list,

The interface ifIndex values will change whenever you create a
sub-interface, add a new interface, define a loopback, add a voice-card, add
a dial-peer, etc.  So, the best thing to do there is use the new syntax for
describing the interface rather than guessing what the IfIndex value might
be.

If you run cfgmaker --ifref=ifname it should build all of those for you.

Dan