[mrtg] unexpected error while processing cfg file

Jim Madden jmadden at cairncross.com
Tue Jul 24 22:52:43 MEST 2001

I have installed activestate's latest version of Perl (5.6.1.628 ) on my
Windows 2k workstation in order to use mrtg.

I've followed the instructions of Jim Hunt's excellent MRTG for Dummies
document and all works as he says it should until I type in the command
"perl mrtg router.cfg"

This command runs, but then gives me an unexpected error - "Error: Line 84
(WorkDir C:\mrtghtml) in CFG file (router.cfg) does not make sense"  (Line
84 is the last line in the file.)

The command that created this cfg file is:

Perl cfgmaker password at IPADDRES  --global "WorkDir c:\mrtghtml" -output
router.cfg

Where password is the snmp password and Ipaddress is that of the router.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this error is occurring? Thanks very
much.

James Madden
Director of Information Technology
Cairncross & Hempelmann, P.S.
524 Second Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, Washington 98104-2323
jmadden at cairncross.com
Direct (206) 254-4461
Office Fax (206) 587-2308

[INFO] -- Content Manager:
Privileged and confidential communication. If you are not the addressee, you may not read, copy, or distribute this email. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email and call (206) 587-0700. Thank you.