[mrtg] Change interval using rrdtool

Sandra.Krumme at Bertelsmann.de Sandra.Krumme at Bertelsmann.de
Thu Jul 26 08:43:21 MEST 2001

Hello,

maybe somebody can help me with this tricky item.
By measuring bandwith on my routers I encountered the 114 Mbit problem. I am
using MRTG 2.9.x on a Digital Unix
5.1. By reading the mailing list carefully I found the workaround and had my
MRTG running as daemon every minute
and bandwith usage was displayed properly.
Then I decided to change from the old log file format to RRDtool and the
change was no problem at all.
But now my MRTG is still running every minute, therefore I tried to change
the interval (after the logs were converted to *.rrd)
to 5 minutes. The effect was the graphs stopped afterwards :-(
I then changed back to the old interval of 1 minute and after short graphs
were written again.
Is there any chance for me to change the interval without having my graphs
stopped ?

Kind reagards

Sandra Krumme