[mrtg] Re: FW: RDDTOOls NT for Dummies?

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Thu Jul 26 16:59:25 MEST 2001

Where did you get that instruction from?

Below is the text from the http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/ site...

Integrating RRDTool with MRTG
 First of all, you must have a working MRTG configuration.   If not, don't
even attempt to make this work.  Having said that, let's continue...

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING PERL 5.6!  You can get it from the ActiveState Web
Site (www.activestate.com).  Install it, and proceed to the next step.

Download and install RRDTool.  You can get it at the RRDTool Web Site
(http://rrdtool.eu.org).

Once RRDTool has been installed, open an OS prompt and change directory to
the X:\rrdtool\perl-shared directory.  Then run "ppm install rrds.ppd" (omit
the " ").  A successful install will generate several lines of informational
messages.

Modify your MRTG config file(s) to include the following text (substitute
path with an appropriate path for your environment).  I put it just
underneath the WorkDir and IconDir option settings.

# START RDTOOL Add-ons -------------------------------------
# Modify Logfiles (*.log) to RRD format (*.rrd)
LogFormat: rrdtool
# RRD Executable (rrdtool.exe) location
PathAdd: d:/rrdtool/perl-shared/t
# RRD Perl module (RRDs.pm) location
LibAdd: d:/rrdtool/perl-shared

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.