[mrtg] Re: FW: Virtual IP

Jeromme_Lawler at xtoenergy.com Jeromme_Lawler at xtoenergy.com
Thu Jul 26 21:13:54 MEST 2001

If you assign a secondary IP address to the interface like (10.200.200.1) or
10.0.0.2 - you should be able to monitor it with MRTG.  Assuming have snmp
enabled with proper community strings & are querying the appropriate OIDs.

 I'm not sure what you mean by 'virtual IP address.'

Please give more detail if you expect more help.

  To:          mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch

  cc:          (bcc: Jeromme Lawler/FTW/CTOC)

  Subject      [mrtg] FW: Virtual IP
  :

Dear All,

Can anybody please tell me how can I monitor a virtual IP from MRTG Server.
i mean can MRTG monitor Nating

example:
 the server have a real IP like 213.131.20.20  and I want to monitor a
router or Pipe Line but under virtual like 10.200.200.1 or 10.0.0.2

so how can I monitor that.

thank you in advance,

Michael A. Samuel