[mrtg] Re: Off-Topic: "ambient traffic"

Jelle Beusen beusen25 at zonnet.nl
Sat Jun 2 00:11:59 MEST 2001

Keepalives etc also generate some trafiic and monitoring tools.

You could check this on the cisco's it almost sounds like it .

Are you running any route discovery protocols on this router ?

the other thing you could do is setup an acl to account all traffic this
will also tell you what is going through it.

And then there is ofcause the sniffer as stated before :)

but I have a simular thing here and most of it is arp traffic keep alive
pols etc .

hope this helps.