[mrtg] Re: about the term

Rippe, Mark (CCI-Warwick) Mark.Rippe at cox.com
Mon Jun 4 14:25:48 MEST 2001

why not make the cronrun a shell file and the shell will run mrtg.

i.e:

#! /bin/sh

cd /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/bin

./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine1.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine2.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine3.cfg
pause 20
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine1.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine2.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine3.cfg
pause 20
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine1.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine2.cfg
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/machine3.cfg

set the cron to run this file every minute.

this is crude but it will run the tests every 20 seconds.