[mrtg] mrtg with many interfaces

f741r f741r at unb.ca
Fri Jun 8 13:52:48 MEST 2001

Hello

I am going to be monitoring appx 150 routers wiht appx 4-5 interfaces each. I
am using MRTG and RRDTool with the routers.cgi front end. Now, MRTG allows you
to create cfg files for more than 1 router at a time, that way, there is only
one process running for 'x' amount of routers. However, with routers.cgi, the
script doesn't display this properly.

Is there any other method to display 150 routers, other than creating a
separate cfg file for each router and having 150 perl processes running. I was
told to "wrap" some of the perl processes, but I'm not quite sure how to do
that. I'm running Win2K.

THanks in advance
Raman