[mrtg] Two Questions (scale and archives)

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Fri Jun 8 20:15:41 MEST 2001

Hello,
	I was wondering if it is possible to set the max height on your graphs and
have all the graphs use that same scale.  That is, rather, is there a way to
stop MRTG from scaling your graph's height to the largest value it's seen in
a certain time period?  I ask because I have a client who would like to
quickly be able to scan all the graphs for his switch and know that the most
green/blue is the interface he should be concerned with.
	Secondly, this same client wants to save the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly
graphs for each day in a sort of archive.  I know that he should probably
just look at RRDTool, but he doesn't want to switch at this time.  So, I was
just going to write a perl script to copy these directories to an /archive
directory and append the date or something.  Has anyone else done this?  Is
it a poor idea?  Is there a ratio for the amount of disk space needed per
interface?

Thanks much,

Shane