[mrtg] "strict refs" error when running MRTG

Edgar Garay edgar at graphicomm.com
Fri Jun 15 18:25:55 MEST 2001

Hello,

On a fresh install of MRTG 2.8.11 from a RedHat RPM on RedHat 6.2,  I get
the following error after I manually run MRTG as root, specifying a custom
config file:

Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/bin/mrtg line 1527.

And it doesnt' write any HTML files to the working directory I've specified.
It does however copy some .gif files there and write/update some logs.  But
no HTML output... what could be the problem?  I have no clue what this
subroutine error is.  My SNMP is correctly configured and I can smpwalk and
get everything.. this seems like a software problem and I can't figure out
what to do.  Thanks in advance.