[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Web Site Value with MRTG [X-Post]

Rab rab at hisplace.net
Wed Jun 20 00:13:08 MEST 2001

Hey

I actually just want to make a graph of a daily-posted value on a web site.
This figure (between 0 and 10) represents our usage over the 14 days
previous, relative to the userbase.  As such, there is no MB figure
associated with it that remains constant.

Currently - really for my own reference (as I have done for the past few
months) I manually log onto the site, note the number then enter it into a
spreadsheet which has a graph already setup.  As you can image this is quite
time consuming and is often forgot.

I have come across a script which will do this overnight, however it does
seem to have some problems with HTTPS sites:

    C:\MRTG-2.9.17\bin>perl mrtg test.cfg
     LWP lacks https support.
     WARNING: Could not get any data from external command
'optushome-netstats.pl'
     Maybe the external command did not even start. (No such file or
directory)

Thanks again for any more assistance anyone can offer, I am running MRTG
under NT4.

Rab
rab at hisplace.net
ICQ # 12229702

" Reading, after a certain age, diverts
  the mind too much from its creative
  pursuits. Any man who read too much and
  uses his own brain too little falls into
  lazy habits of thinking."

                          --Albert Einstein