[mrtg] Re: mrtg polling by description

Eduardo Jordan G. ejordan at sitioactivo.net
Thu Jun 21 07:31:42 MEST 2001

Thank you, but I think I was not clear.
I want to use description given by router administrator,
not the description given  by router OS that you are
mentioning.
Here is an example,  Description1 = Serial0/0:3, where
Description1 is given by administrator and  Serial0/0:3 is
given (recognized???) by router OS.
Why I need this? Because we are often inserting and/or changing
interfaces for new customers, and I don't want to edit
mi mrtg.cfg every time we do so.

Target[customer1]: \Descriptionl:cstring at x.x.x.x
MaxBytes[customer1]: 8000
Title[customer1]: Customer 1